Old June 24th 03, 01:55 PM
Dwight Stewart

"WG" wrote:

I was a traveling photographer in 1988 and was looking
for a place to stay. All of the hotels and motels on
the Canadian side were full so my partner and I decided
to try to stay across the line. His car had all of the
camera equipment in it. To make a long story short I
got through and he got carded so I went to ask him
about the camera equipment. I asked the inspector if I
could talk to him and he hit the deck with his semi-auto
leveled at me. When the guys in the booth and the office
saw this on the video monitors 3 shotguns and a second
semi-auto were leveled at me. I learned that you don't
say anything and don't get out of your car. This was
back in the days when Canadian Customs didn't even carry
guns but I found out that the US sure did. (snip)

Well, I just don't know what to say about your story, WG. As I've said,
I've traveled back and forth across the border many times with no problems
whatsoever. Why you have had more problems is beyond me.

By the way, what do you photograph? I've been a professional photographer,
on the side, for many years. In fact, photography will likely be my main job
(major source of income) after I retire. My main interests are split between
fashion photography and travel photography (with some experience in almost
everything else along the way).

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/