Old July 7th 03, 04:14 AM
John

ARC250PRO has audiorecording/logging and gives you 200 extended search
ranges, it logs in a history file so you can leave it running all day.
Scancat it total crap.

"GeorgeF" wrote in message
news:3F086168.9020405@licensed4funREMOVEBEFOREFLIG HT.com...

John wrote:
Big mistake, for these scanners you need butels ARc250 from

scannermaster.

I have looked at the Butel before buying Scancat. It appeared the
Scancat had a
better 'search' and 'Survelience' modes with its audio recording. This
is the
ONLY real function I wanted Scancat for as I do not use software to do
normal scanning
or programming as I have written my own software for programming (which
does a much
better job than ScanCat)....

So far I'm not too happy.

Just for the hell of it last night I tried to program in a trunk system
using
ScanCat. When programming the BC250D it screwed up EVERY talkgroup!
They were
correct in teh ScanCat software but when writing them to the scanner
it wrote everyone as 00-013!

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com