Old July 14th 03, 02:14 AM
Robert

"Frank" wrote in message
news:01c34972$9ad8ba60$0125250a@xnmewlxivcjofdzs.. .
Robert ...

^ ... one's about the usual size in these types of
^ speakers ...

I have one of those -- or perhaps an older model of what you have.

^ ... the other is an itty-bitty cube, 2X2X2 inches.
^ I have some moderate hearing loss in one ear at the
^ higher end of the freq spectrum, and this speaker
^ seems to hit that gap quite well.

I've been looking at that speaker and wondering what it sounds like. It

looks
like it would sound somewhat tinny -- because of it's size. Are you
suggesting that the high frequency sound is louder, or that it is

reproduced
at a lower frequency?

I'm just suggesting it works better for me.... It's really
tweeter-sized, so it's going to reproduce higher-frequency sounds better. I
don't find it tinny, but I might be partially deaf in about that spot, too.
Me, I can hear the bass-end of the spectrum just fine - on equipment
I have that's adjustable, I'll have the bass adjusted to minimum and treble
to maximum.
Of course, for intelligible speech, you only need a tiny slice of
what you're capable of hearing overall, and this one works well for me.

---