Old July 21st 03, 06:51 PM
Beloved Leader

"Toscano" wrote in message ...

... this strange item

http://www.monitoringtimes.com/cgi-b...c;f=1;t=000079

Take a look at the Monitoring Times BBS for a post by a lister who saw
them at Heartland America for $19.99. Though this is a guess, I'm
positive that you're getting a refurbished Scanocular for that price.
As I buy lots of secondhand stuff at yard sales and thrift stores, I
have absolutely no problem with that notion. Note that at HA, you pay
$30 upfront and wait for a $10 rebate.

In the lister's words: "A Scanner featuring 800 MHz, triple conversion
reception, 100-channel memory, alphanumeric display, fast action scan
and search, weather channel scan and mini-jack headphone. Manufactured
by Uniden. You can't beat that price ! Under 20 bucks."

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/Item...asp?SKU=59882#

The antenna looks removable to me. If I didn't already have so many
scanners that I can barely cross the room, I'd probably buy one
myself. Maybe I will anyway. For that price, it's hard to go wrong,
isn't it?

Best wishes.