Old July 21st 03, 03:30 PM
Robert

"Frank" wrote in message
news:01c34f6c$325688a0$0125250a@lktnlsvecoydbmks.. .

^ A GMRS radio, even the cheapy ones in the blister
^ packs, will put out more power than legally allowed ...

The radios I've looked at have two power settings and the instructions
explain that the higher power setting can only be used with a license. I
don't thing the FCC would certify them otherwise.

The ones I've got won't take the 'hi' power setting for the FRS
channels. They're crap, anyway. I finally bit the bullet and bought a _real_
GMRS radio, Icom F21GM. Thing cost nearly as much as my 2-meter mobile
rig...

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).