Old July 22nd 03, 06:01 PM
Robert

"Frank" wrote in message
news:01c3505c$663357c0$0125250a@dlaclbmmncgerhrv.. .
Robert ...

^ I finally bit the bullet and bought a _real_
^ GMRS radio, Icom F21GM. Thing cost nearly as
^ much as my 2-meter mobile rig...

I don't know how much two-meter radios go for and I couldn't locate any
pricing information on Icom's web site. What's the price of the Icom

F21GM?

Best deal I found was at AES for 149.95 - I think you might find it
now for $139. My 2-meter is the V8000 w/75 watts, which I got for 169.95
during the big rebate sale last month Icom had. (Actually, it's an ongoing
thing - HF radios are marked down now, I think.)

Bear in mind the F21 is a real radio, even has repeater off-sets.
Very substantial-feeling radio (my limited experience with Icom thus far is
making me as fond of them as I am of Uniden. I just wish the programming was
a simple as Uniden's!)

---