Old July 25th 03, 02:25 PM
PowerHouse CB & Scanner

"Frank" wrote in message
news:01c35205$f9aa7d80$0125250a@lqobnirkuazgzcvg.. .
Good points. But while reading your rules I think I found a better one:

Sec. 95.194 (FRS Rule 4) FRS units.
(a) You may only use an FCC certified FRS unit. (You
can identify an FCC certified FRS unit by the label
placed on it by the manufacturer.)

I had thought about including that rule as well, however, I figured since my
argument was basically relating to that of power levels, I would only
include the portion relating to that.

The radios we've been discussing are GMRS/FRS radios. An FRS operator is
permitted to "only use an FCC certified FRS unit." An FRS operator is not
permitted to use a GMRS radio unit. As per the regulations you cited,
GMRS/FRS units are GMRS units with FRS capabilities, so they may not be

used
without a GMRS license.

Yup, that was my point. They truly aren't FRS radios, just GMRS radios with
a little extra. In essence, without the license, a person should not be
transmitting with one, even if they stick to the proper frequencies and
power levels. Who's going to know the difference? Probably no one, I just
wanted to make a point that technically it should not be done.

PH