Old July 28th 03, 02:00 AM
John P Vassel

"Frank" wrote in
news:01c354a3$12edc280$0125250a@vqurinyqcuazetxa:

I actually think it's great; the radios are filling a valid need. I
suspect that this is the sort of usage that the FCC expected (how
could they not?). It's unfortunate for the old-time GMRS users though.
The FCC should have permitted one or two watts on FRS (instead of
0.5W) and not shared frequencies with GMRS. As the facts are, I
suspect that the FCC intends to eventually eliminate the license
requirement for GMRS and combine GMRS and FRS into a single service. A
replacement for CB. I wouldn't go out and buy any expensive GMRS
equipment unless you want to become a part of this.

Frank

We actually had the county-endorsed radio company program 'tactical'
freqs in our radios that fall in the gmrs range. I found it interesting.

john