Old July 31st 03, 04:50 PM
Robert

"PowerHouse CB & Scanner" wrote in
message ...
Perhaps in Canada, but everything is the same here in the US. They still
sell CBs and Ham Radios around here, so I doubt I will see their line of
scanners disappearing any time soon... I've heard of this already

happening
across the northern border, but not within the US.

Well, the local dealer _here_ has zippo ham radios and can't get
any. There are none that I can find on the Shack web site, either. Likewise
CB's.He's also tried to get me their scanner headphones, _twice_, and can't
get those.
The Shack shows all the signs of being completely out of the
amateur radio business - I'd bet the stuff on the webpage is inventory that
won't be replenished when it's gone.

---