Old August 8th 03, 11:17 PM
GeorgeF

Default New Heavy Duty Scantennas

newt wrote:
Has everybody body seen these?

http://users.cis.net/kingpop/Scanner/Scantenna.htm

I got one yesterday. What a difference from the old ones! Came
double boxed and stuffed full of peanuts so even UPS could not mess it
up getting it here. Pretty darn good for $44.00 with S&H.

Newt

Wow, thanks for pointing them out. I have 2 of the older ScanTennas
from AntennaWarehouse. Yes I agree there was room for machanical
improvement however electrically these are without question the best
non-directional antenna ever made. BTW I've had one outside (older,
machanically weaker version) for 2 1/2 years. Still zero damage and its
seen several Tropical storms and survived winds of 60 KTS. I live 4
miles from the Atlantic Ocean and no salt damage/rust to speak of...

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com