Old August 9th 03, 02:24 AM
BDK

In article om,
says...

newt wrote:
Has everybody body seen these?

http://users.cis.net/kingpop/Scanner/Scantenna.htm

I got one yesterday. What a difference from the old ones! Came
double boxed and stuffed full of peanuts so even UPS could not mess it
up getting it here. Pretty darn good for $44.00 with S&H.

Newt

Wow, thanks for pointing them out. I have 2 of the older ScanTennas
from AntennaWarehouse. Yes I agree there was room for machanical
improvement however electrically these are without question the best
non-directional antenna ever made. BTW I've had one outside (older,
machanically weaker version) for 2 1/2 years. Still zero damage and its
seen several Tropical storms and survived winds of 60 KTS. I live 4
miles from the Atlantic Ocean and no salt damage/rust to speak of...

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

They seem to go bad as much from UV making the plastic brittle as they
do from weather. One of mine lasted an amazingly short time, less than
one summer, another one lasted almost 5 before losing a couple of
"legs" suddenly.

I'm going to order two, one for the attic as a backup antenna, and one
for the tower. Now I gotta find a monkey to climb it.

BDK