Old August 10th 03, 04:00 AM
Jason Wagner

Ummm, The best thing I used was a 21' top rail for chainlink fencing.
No welding the sections together and you get 2. They fit together like
standard antenna mast. this way with 2 feet in ground, you will have
40' over mast. Get some good guy wire and guy down 8' from the tip of
the mast and then mount your pizza box above the guy wire coupling.
this way one of the antennas can still go at the tip of the mast.

Hmmm... Good idea for the mast material, but the guy wires are out (not a
lot of land back here at the corner of the lot where the house is). I may
look into the fencing thing. Thanks.

What's going to happen when my tower is struck by lightning? If its
proprely grounded, do I have to worry about the bolt lighting my house on
fire, blowing up my scanners and radios with me in front of them, etc?