Old May 10th 04, 04:26 PM
Jerry Martes

Wes

Maybe I missed your point. I am trying to learn how to build a slotted
line for impedance measurements at 137 MHz. It would be real helpfull to me
to see how someone has built one at home. I'd sure appreciate hearing about
how you did it or what you know about how I could build one here in my
garage.
In fact, I'd like to know more about why a person (HAM type) would use the
slab line configuration in preferance to coaxial.

Jerry

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 May 2004 06:22:29 GMT, "Jerry Martes"
wrote:

[Richard's good stuff snipped]

You can lead 'em to water, but you can't make 'em drink.

5
|foot lengths for about $22.00. I'm OK with using only 1/2 wavelength for
|the slotted coax. I thought I might be able to 'get away with' using my
|scope for detecting the line voltages. I am wide open for learning that

my
|approach has extremely difficult to solve problems. It all seems fairly
|easy right now.
| I was hoping to get a response from someone who either had built a line

or
|knew of a publication on the pitfalls associated with making a slotted

line.