Old August 11th 03, 12:01 AM
Dwayne

In article , says...
Wall clamps ... it all depends on how high your house is at the peak ...

The roof is relatively flat, no real way to secure it to anything other than
the wood trim on the roof line. The guy wires would be a possibility, but
only if I moved the mast out into the middle of the yard, and that's not
going to happen for a number of reasons.

I guess I could go with a shorter mast. I'm just looking to get a couple of
scanner antennas out of the house and into the air, and I figured while I
was up there I'd put up a MURS and 2 meter antenna as well. I suppose as
long as I clear the roof I'll be happy, but I'd really like to go as high as
possible/practical without having to use external supports ala guy wires
etc.

Jason, You can get a nice 36' mast from radioshack for 69.99. They also
have guy wires to help hold it up. Thats the same setup that I have and
it has seen 60mph winds. I placed the mast at the side of the house and
ran 3 guy wires at about 18' and 3 at about 27' to the corners of my
roof.
--
Dwayne