Old May 10th 04, 11:38 PM
JGBOYLES

When you scale an antenna's dimensions, including the wire diameter,the
*fractional* bandwidth remains the same. So if you scale it for twice the
frequency, the bandwidth doubles.
Hi Roy,
I have never heard of *fractional* bandwidth. Not unusual that I have never
heard of stuff. If one has a band that is 100khz wide and the 2:1 swr
bandwidth is say 20khz, what is the fractional bandwidth, and the bandwidth?
If you scale the antenna to double the frequency (neglecting losses, or
assuming negligible) and scale the dimensions, what are the 2 bandwidths?
I hope you enjoy Dayton, first time in 5 years I won't be there. It rains
too much when I am up the-(

73 Gary N4AST