Old August 18th 03, 02:51 PM
N8KDV

GeorgeF wrote:

You will find this is somewhat out-of-date. Note the copyright date is
2001.

GHFS is no more - the WUN site will give you the current data.

http://www.wunclub.com/newsletter/v09/n07/mla.html

The name has changed however for the most part the frequencies, call
signs, descriptions are correct.

Howeve beware the WUN newsletter is put together by one Larry VanHorn.

This is hardly a true statement George. I'm sure that you are aware that Larry
only handles a portion of the WUN Newsletter, and that a good part of the
material presented there is submitted by the contributors.

When I see that name attached to anything I now take it with a grain of
salt. Why you may ask? Here's why:

1) Recently the magazine he's involved with published over 4 pages of
Florida State Astro freqs. NONE of which were useful as they were
incorrect. Dummy me bought an issue and should request a refund as that
was the only reason I bought the issue.

2) The NASA Trunking system list he and his group published were incorrect
for over a year. I see he's finally fixed them after I've been calling
everyones attention to it for several months.

3) The Military Trunking frequencies he and his group published for the
MacDill AFB are silent, I'll bet they're incorrect as well.

4) Descriptions/Labels he used for various frequencies in FL are
incorrect and in some cases missleading.

The above are just want I was looking at and able to confirm. Just one
state out of 50, I'm sure Florida isn't the only state he has published
incorrect infomation for.

Now lets see how fast I get more hate mail from the F.O.G. group.
(Friends of Grove - membership = 3).

I run my website for one thing and one thing only. To help others in
the hobby. I do not charge for the info, I give it away for free.
However Grove will charge you $30-$40 for a CD which contains over 80%
out dated PDF files he downloaded from Gov't sites. Files which are
available to the public for free and are NOT copyrightable. Again, I
run my website (www.MilAirComms.com) to help others gain information,
frequencies, and help in the fine hobby of MilAir monitoring. I guess I
got sick and tired of asking questions which went unanswered by the so
called experts. I was tired of newbee's trying to get into the hobby
who asked questions only to be receive snid comments from the F.O.G group.

So if you like the website that is great. If you don't like the website
that is no skin off my ass either. I know that by the 100's of emails I
receive weekly from the website that there are a lot of people who are
being helped by it. And with an average of 3,000 UNIQUE visitors (ie:
different IP addresss, not file hits) daily is yet another indicator
that there's a more than a few people who like it. Not too bad
considering everything time one of the F.O.G. guys gets a chance he'll
make derogotory comments and in several cases out right lies (backed up
the MilCom archives themselves!) about me or the site.

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com