Old July 13th 03, 12:03 AM
Jason Dugas

Default 6m Yagi

Hello all,

I have a 6m transverter on the way this week to use just in time for the
CQWW contest this weekend... one problem NO ANTENNA!!

So I picked up a very old Yagi, built in 1969, but still in great condition.
Its currently cut for the 40 MHz band, so I should be able to trim the
elements down and change the spacing for a 3-element 6m antenna, right?

At any rate, the information I have been able to find so far (from various
Yagi calculators found online such as that found at
http://www.csgnetwork.com/antennae3ycalc.html) give the following figures:

Calculated Driven Side Element Length 4'6 19/32"
Calculated Total Driven Length 9'1 6/32"
Calculated Reflector Length 9'7 5/8"
Calculated Element Spacing 3'7 7/32"
Calculated Director Length 8'6 23/32"

Here are my questions:
1. Can I do this? Cut the elements, change the spacing.
2. What does "driven side element" length refer to? Is this the "matching
dipole" (gamma match) part of the driven element?

Are there any unexpected snags/pitfalls I should look out for?

Thanks,

Jason