Old September 13th 03, 09:06 PM
kjfj

Default Antenna grounding.

If someone could clarify (Excuse the pun) this for me i'd appreciate it.

I bought this antenna to use on my AOR 8600
http://www.scannermaster.com/store/13-540457.html
It's a lot better than my old discone and beats the Scantenna on 50/145/440,
I mainly bought it for its advertised 500KHz-1500MHz bandwidth and it's a
truly great antenna.
The thing I'm confused about is grounding, I have it on a 30ft pole outside
my apartment in a 6ft concrete base, the soil is mostly clay. If I run a
heavy gauge braid from the top of the pole where it attaches to the antenna
into a copper groundstake would it reduce my noise level on HF? It's also
impractical to drive a 6ft stake into the ground however there is a
grounding point 6ft away.

Thanks for any help, if anyone's looking at buying a wideband antenna I'd
definitely recommend this one.