Old September 14th 03, 11:17 PM
Frank

Burr ...

^ I'm down south and I have an RS Discone that I want to put
^ up. CAN I put a splinter in the line and feed two locations??

Yes. There will be some signal loss but with a high gain antenna you may not
notice it. No need for a split, just put a T on one of the scanners.

I don't know why a multiplexor would be necessary -- I've been using two
antennas on four scanners with no trouble. I have a dipole feeding two
scanners and a mag-mount feeding two more.

When you're dealing with receive only antennas most of the antenna rules are
mostly irrelevant. You don't need a phased harness or a balanced system. I
had one antenna system that worked very well and consisted of a long
horizontal dipole joined at the scanner with a four-band mag-mount scanner
antenna and an 800 MHz coax antenna. I had three T connectors on that scanner
and I would sometimes join it with another scanner.

Frank