Old May 12th 04, 04:48 AM
Crazy George

Roy,

Many years ago an article was published showing nomographs for using 1/8
wave lines for universal impedance matching. Do you recall where and when
that appeared, by any remote chance? I know you can do all this with
computer programs now, but I can't easily carry a computer or software into
many of the places I go.

--
Crazy George
W5VPQ

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
The impedance would be +j50 ohms, that is, 50 ohms of inductive
reactance. If you open the far end, you'll see -j50 ohms, that is, 50
ohms of capacitive reactance, at the input.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

PDRUNEN wrote:

Hello Group,

If I have an RG-58 coax and it is shorted at the load end. At the

electrical
1/8 wave lenght what would be the impedance seen at the other end?

I understand that a shorted 1/4 wave length reflects an open, but was
interested in what happens at the 1/8 wave frequency.

Tnx de KJ4UO