Old September 15th 03, 04:09 AM
Tom Markert

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 18:59:24 GMT, "Jackie"
wrote:

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message
The Rat Shack Pro-95 overall is a good model, and I enjoy it.

I'm thinking of getting myself one of these for an upcoming road trip... are
you using yours with the stock antenna, or is there another antenna you
would recommend for this handheld?

Thanks,

Jackie

I also have the PRO-95 and love everything about it. When I bought it
I knew it would spend alot of time in my truck so I also bought the
multi band mag mount that rat shack sells.. The only problem I have
had with it is trees, being that it is on the roof of the truck. It
hasn't ever fallen off up to 85 MPH.
And it works MUCH better then any radio mounted antenna you could
buy.. YA need to get that antenna out of the metal vehicle to get
decent reception.
For walking about, the stock rubber duck is ok, but the lenght of it
gets on my nerves a bit, so I am going to make something, or try out
one of those stubbies.