Old October 2nd 03, 03:27 AM
Clint

So what? If all these countires jumped off bridges would that mean we
would be nuts for not jump too?

Spurious analogy.
There is no correlation between the subject of morse code testing
and suicide.

Oh I hope not, I hope the USA never joins the rest of the world. We
don't need a 80, 40, 20, and 15 meter CB bands.

(1) what will you say after 6 months or a year, and the nations you
listed have seen no such degredation in band quality after dropping
the code requirement?

(2) the majority of hams making ham radio code violations on the
HF bands are hams that have had the morse code testing, high
speed testing at that as they are older hams that were tested many
many years ago.

(3) with the rest of the world dropping it, do you really think that
the ham community, with it's growing number of members itching
to ditch the code, WON'T start increasing pressure to the breaking
point to finally ditch the irrelavent and outdated code test
requirement?

The tide's pretty much against you.

God forbid that we have
something happen here far worse than 9/11 which renders Voice
communications useless and we need to go back to basices.

Ah, but the liberals are saying that no such thing will ever happen, that
the REAL threat is the republicans decreasing civil liberty and
crushing freedom here and that terrorism isn't a real threat.

Are you saying they are *wrong*?

Clint