Old October 2nd 03, 10:56 AM
Frank

Clint ...

^ (1) what will you say after 6 months or a year, and the
^ nations you listed have seen no such degredation in band
^ quality after dropping the code requirement?

What is their population compared to the U.S.? Do those other countries have
the trouble on the 11 meter band that the U.S. has?

If the code requirement is unnecessary then what about the electronics
knowledge requirement? Is it necessary to know how a transistor functions in
order to operate a two-meter radio? Should we also drop that from testing?
Should the exam be nothing more than a test of the FCC rules? Can you come up
with reasons to drop that also? Someone will, eventually, if we continue to
drop knowledge and ability requirements.

Clint ...
^ It's just that it no longer needs to be forced down
^ people's throats *involuntarily*

But it isn't forced and it isn't involuntary. An Amateur license is something
that is voluntarily sought.

Frank