Old October 4th 03, 08:33 PM
Richard G Amirault

Soliloquy wrote:
: wrote in
: om:

: I'm glad that someone wrote in response. The purpose of the post was to
: pique the interests of those that also have been plagued by intermod.

: As to signal strengths and feedline loss, the signals are actually
: greater now then when using the "rubber duck" antenna. I was unable to
: use the "Service Searches" that are part of the Uniden 785D system. There
: simply was no signals available with the indoor antenna, save for the
: blasted and incessant intermod. Nothing has changed in the local cell
: tower,..."
(snip)

Curious .. maybe the short hand held antennas are more resonant to the
cell towers signals than the outside antenna. Thus using the outside
antenna will decrease the ratio of 'bad' signal to 'good' signal enough to
let the radio work as it is supposed to....but that's just a guess.

Richard in Bsoton, MA, USA