Old May 13th 04, 01:30 AM
Xanax

The boom is 3 side square aluminium tubing as used in construction of
Aluminium doors and windows etc..

The elements are attached to the boom but U bolts that are fasened very very
tightly. It's up for about 6 months now and I check it every month and there
isn't any loose ness at all.

Cheers,
Xanax.
"Tom Ring" wrote in message
The answer would be probably, but you really need to give more information
such as

o frequency
o boom diameter and shape
o description of the clamp

Draw us a picture with words.

tom
K0TAR

Xanax wrote:

Hi all,
I have a uhf yagi uda antenna mounted on the roof I have all the element
(alu welding rods) clamped to a alu- boom except the active elements.
Does this effect the preformance of the antenna in that the reflector
and directors are all connected from an electric point of view?

Cheers,
Xanax.

---

---