Old October 7th 03, 10:11 PM
N8KDV

Jeff Renkin wrote:

Since Morse code is used in the HF bands and you need to pass the code test
to get the license to work the HF bands, it seems to make sense to me.

It makes sense to require someone to learn morse code,
when they only want to use the portions of the bands set aside for voice??

Sure! That's why before you can get a license to drive an automobile, you have
to pass a test to show that you can ride a horse first. Or why you can't get
a license to practice law before you can pass a test to show you can bake an
apple pie.

Want to talk into a microphone on HF? Learn morse code first.

Want to use morse code? Learn and pass a test on how to speak and understand
Russian first.

Don't be lazy! All you whiners who want to get on the ham bands and use morse
code without having to learn Russian first stop your complaining and get
studying!

Doesn't matter if you never intend to USE Russian, the purpose of the
requirement is to make it harder for people to get a license. I don't ever
use morse code, but had to learn it before being allowed to talk into a
microphone on HF, so get busy and start learning Russian!

Before you know it, these lazy morse code lovers are going to want to be able to
go to the store and just BUY a gallon of milk without having to take any written
exams first, or be able to walk on the sidewalk for free without having to learn
and pass a test on egyptian hieroglyphics first.

How lazy can you get?

As lazy as you I guess. You don't want to learn code, so be it. Just stop whining
about it, OK?