Old August 12th 03, 09:30 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

This approach assumes that the current gradient across a coil is the
same as for a wire of the same outside diameter as the coil. I don't,
however, have any measured data to confirm this. It would be a fairly
simple matter to put toroidal current transformers just above and below
a coil and compare their values to what EZNEC or other programs report.
If anyone has done this or is interested in doing it, I'd love to see
the result along with a detailed description of the methodology.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Barry, W9UCW has done extensive measurements using termocuples and other
methods minimizing disturbance to measured system. He found that current in
(esp. longer) coils is diminishing towards the other end.
If you read the thread and some more velleyball on Topband reflector last
month, there is more info.

Yuri, K3BU