Old October 30th 03, 08:57 PM
Panzer240

The Fossil wrote in
:

It's time to replace the Icom software for this radio.

I haven't kept up on what's the "best" out there.. so

Any suggestions on replacement software for an Icom PCR-1000

Thanks

I have the Bonito RadioComm software for it. Not impressed by it or the
[eople that prduce it. They seem to have very liitle appreciation of customer
service. I have tried Talk PCR which is decent. But odly enough I seem to end
up back with the stuff that came on the floppy from ICOM. It's kinda clunky
but it does what I need it to do. At the moment I use it mostly as a scanner
and for searching out local frequencies. I would like to try the Sky Sweeper
software, but their demo does not function until registered and paid for. It
only does simulated functions using recordings (very clunky). I refuse to pay
first and try later. The receiver I really like, I just haven't had time to
explore its capabilites fully as of yet, but I've only had it for about 2
months

I might also add that there is some trunk tracking software available that
will at least revoce the data from the control channels on a trunk system,
but it does not actually follow any particular group or conversation at
present. However it is early days I believe in it's development. You can fid
it at:

http://104452.home.icq.com/trunkpcr/TrunkPcr.html

You can also use it for conventional operation, but I find either the ICOM or
especially the TalkPCR program more useful for HF listening

--
Panzer