Old November 2nd 03, 02:58 PM
americanflag9190

Thee frequincies are high, their range is probably pretty bad right?

You must have the3 same sorta thing as me it's a Motorola FR60 er something
right?
"jmacdon" wrote in message
Joseph;

Do you have a 'police/fire radio scanner' or are you referring in your
post,
"I have one of this with 14 channels (38 sub channels).." to a Family

Radio
Service(FRS)
transceiver and are you asking if a FRS can scan the fourteen (14)

channels
and/or the 38 CTCSS tone codes?

Some FRS transceivers are able to "scan" the channels just like a

police
radio scanner
and they may also search for the 38 sub audible tone codes CTCSS..

I haven't herd the CTCSS tone code feature used that much on Family
Service Radio channels. However the GMRS folks make extensive use of

CTCSS
for repeater control access and to share the frequencies with each other.
FRS may keep CTCSS turned "off" so they can
talk to other FRS and GMRS folks they may meet at larger events or while

on
the road.
Or it may be they don't have a clear understanding or need for CTCSS. Many
lower priced
FRS do not have CTCSS.

Several higher priced FRS transceivers can use Digital Tone Coded
Squelch . Which is used with some higher priced police radio scanners

also.
The Uniden BC 250 D has the 14 FRS channels preprogrammed into the it's
search feature! You can program them into a bank in
any radio scanner with frequency banks, then when you see FRS users just
bring up that bank!
Jim
Joseph Lunar wrote:

I am newbie to scanner, can Family Radio be scanned? I have one of

this
with 14 channels (38 sub channels)..

If so, can anyone can tell me the frequencies?

thanks...