Old May 14th 04, 08:14 PM
Richard Clark

On 14 May 2004 09:45:16 -0700, (Mark Keith) wrote:

My old elnec model of that antenna showed appx 48.4-j213 ohms on 17m.
But I had sloping radials. Maybe that made a difference.

Hi Mark,

Yes, the significant difference. I have always endeavored to build
5/8'ths with an offset dipole fashion either with sloping radials, or
elevated feedpoint on a metal mast that terminated in a ground field
(radials). As this is also the basic structure of the sleeve dipole
(grounded at the bottom), using coax with a ground tap to the shield
about quarterwave (a guesstimate) from the feed made it easy to
achieve.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC