Old November 13th 03, 08:34 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Those frequencies that are "missed out" are some of the "radio control"
frequencies somewhat still used by model aircraft and other model remote
control items. You are correct in the 10khz step making it a better scan
though.

--
Ryan KC8PMX

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that
person to use The Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

"Matt" wrote in message
Firstly, the channel steps on 27 MHz CB are 10 KHz, not 25 KHz with a

couple
of frequencies missed out (i.e. 27.195 MHz and about 3-4 others). Not

sure
what mode you are using, would recommend AM and not FM.
As to other bands, experience will tell you what to use for channel

spacing,
it varies with different bands, and different countries.

"Bob" wrote in message
. 14...
I'm new to scanning and a little confused about how to setup "searches"
of various frequency ranges.

For instance, rather than enter all the CB channel frequencies into
memories I *thought* it would be much easier to simply search through

the
CB band in increments equal to channels. So, I programmed 26.965 (ch1)
and 27.405 (ch40) as scan edges into my radio along with a step size of
25 kHz. So far so good... However starting the search resulted in the
radio moving through the band by frequency stops that were "off" from

the
actual CB channels???

So what am I doing wrong?

Also, in the specific case of CB I know (or at least can calculate) the
step size between active frequencies. How do I determine that

information
for other bands or frequency ranges? And am I going to have the same

step
problems?

My radio has a programmable step size with a minimum of 0.5 kHz
resolution. Can someone please teach me how to setup searches? Or maybe
direct me to a webSite or book that would help?

Thanx,
Bob