Old May 15th 04, 03:03 AM
Tam/WB2TT

"Jack Twilley" wrote in message

"Richard" == Richard Clark writes:

Jack Anyone have any personal, real-life experience with a full-size,
Jack full-height HF dipole? Is it worth the cost?

Richard Hi Jack,

Richard There is no such thing. Full size and Full height for a band
Richard that has a frequencies spanning 15:1 is a contradiction. One
Richard antenna must be either significantly fuller sized or fuller
Richard heighted at some frequency, or suffer at another frequency as
Richard lesser sized or lesser heighted for the same reason.

I regret that my message was insufficiently specific. I didn't say
"all-bands HF", and I assumed that the potential respondents would
know that I knew that no single dipole is ideal for more than one band
(well, more than one *frequency*, but one band is close enough).

Richard You want a 10M dipole antenna up half a wave for 160M? Is
Richard half a wave full height? Is a 10M dipole full sized?

I am interested in people who have first-hand experience with a
full-length dipole mounted at the full height for any particular
band. A 10M dipole is full-sized if it's the full length and mounted
at the full height. Ditto for 160M.

Richard Describe your needs first, and then ask what would be
Richard reasonable.

I hope the clarification above is enough -- if not, please let me
know.

Richard 73's Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Jack.

-----
Jack,

Leaving out the question of "full height", I found that a 20m dipole at 55
feet was outperforming a Junior tribander at 40 feet for distances beyond
2000 miles. Broadside to the dipole, of course.

Tam/WB2TT