Old November 15th 03, 08:35 PM
Frank

Ghost writer ...

^ NO ONE in their right mind goes into the EMS/FIRE/POLICE
^ service OR Military for that matter to "BE" a hero.

Whether they are in their "right mind" or not, there are a great many who do.
I spent 25 years working in dangerous jobs and being an observer of people
and their behaviors I've learned that most people go into a dangerous job for
the glory they perceive it will bring them. Once they are in the job and have
gone through the education, the training, and the drills much of their desire
for glory is suppressed, but there is still enough of it there to keep them
from leaving the job.

Frank