Old November 17th 03, 11:11 PM
w4jle

Frank, has anyone ever told you your a butthead? If not allow me to be the
first.

"Frank" wrote in message
news:01c3ad5f$4cedff30$0125250a@obhlfrnsmfnowhve.. .
Clifton T. Sharp Jr. ...

^ Frank wrote:
^ ... I wasn't talking about how people behave in their
^ jobs or how well they perform them. What I was describing
^ is one of the primary reasons why people seek dangerous
^ jobs. For glory.

^ I can't say I've ever seen anyone in a public-safety job
^ for more than six months who meets your description. I've
^ seen a few who lasted a shorter time, but they quit fast.

That statement is consistent with what I have been describing. Unless

you're
examining these people during the initial screening process or during

their
initial training you are not likely to see any.

^ This is a serious question. How did you get glory-seeking
^ out of what I said there?

I didn't, but early in this discussion you asked "how many lives have you
saved?" (which implies "you don't know what you're talking about, you're

not
one of us") then in your previous message you proceed to describe some of

the
super things that you've done. These are not definitive but they are
indicators that you want people to know that you've done some great

things.
Why do people want others to know that they've done great things? Most

people
who want this sort of attention don't come right out and say something

like
"look at how good I am, I save lives daily!". They would be scorned if

they
did so they learn to disguise their effort in a way just like you did. I
personally would have chosen another person to use as an example.

^ I said I'd had the glory seat once or twice and didn't
^ WANT it.

True, but you receive more glory by saying those things and then stating

that
you don't want glory because of them.

Frank