Old November 18th 03, 12:12 PM
Frank

FAE LLV#11 .. .

^ Can I program the talkgroup #'s (ie 04-021) or do I need
^ to program the frequencies.

You need to enter (program) the frequencies beginning with channel 1
(skipping channel 0) of your radio. These frequencies need to be in the
designated order and if a channel is skipped it must also be skipped in your
radio. For example, if you have five frequencies, with channel 3 being
skipped, and wish to enter them in bank 2 of a PR0-95:

200
201 800.1231 (logical channel 1)
202 800.1232 (logical channel 2)
203 (logical channel 3 not used)
204 800.1233 (logical channel 4)
205 800.1234 (logical channel 5)
206 800.1235 (logical channel 6)

In the Radio Shack scanners each channel would be assigned the "ED" mode and
the entire bank would be assigned the "EDACS" mode. Then, beginning with
channel 207, you could enter conventional channels of mode AM or FM, though I
would leave 207-210 open for system expansion. If you enter busy frequencies
(i.e. NOAA Wx, mode FM) into the blank channels (203, 207-210) you will know
if the system is expanded sometime in the future when you hear a weather
transmission in the middle of some other discussion.

^ If I do the freqs how can I asociate them with the talkgroup
^ numbers?

Talk groups are entered in a different way. With the Radio Shack scanners
(93, 95) press PROGRAM, TRUNK, then enter each ID and a text label for each
ID. These ID's are the actual communications channels that, with conventional
systems, were handled by a single frequency.

The easiest way to enter IDs is to wait until the radio stops on one you wish
to monitor, then press TRUNK. The radio will add that ID to its list and you
could later assign it a label if you wish.

Frank