Old November 18th 03, 08:41 PM
Jeff Santee

"Bob" wrote in message . 14...
Any performance issues I need to be concerned about when putting up two
rooftop antennas (a 2-Meter xmit/rcve Firestik and a rcve only wideband AOR
SA7000) in close proximity to one another? I'm thinking about using my
chimney chase which would allow at most a couple feet separation between
the two. How about the affect of other objects such as a metal chimney flue
cap?

You didnt say whether you would be using the 2 mtr antenna for
xmitting. If both are for recieving the antenna placment wont make
much difference. If you are going to be xmitting on the 2 mtr antenna
then the other antenna "should" be 1/4 wavelength away from it in
order for it not to ineract with it. For 2 meters that would be about
19"s. As long as the antennas are above the flue itself that wont be a
problem. If you are going to be xmitting on the 2 mtr.ant. you're
going to have some significant rf induced into the other antenna, so you
might want to keep that in mind when operating.

Jeff