Old November 19th 03, 10:25 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

I am one of those firefighters who have seen some horrific scenes, and I
tell you, it would take a real cold-hearted prick to not feel something when
a scene has gotten bad as listed below. Most firefighters are caring human
beings, who are doing the job because they love the type of work and care
about their fellow man. After all, with the risk, and lack of pay that they
possibly could earn in other jobs, why else would they do that type of work?

If a firefighter is ecstatic after a scene when well, that is because the
rush of doing what they do has not been dampened by a fatality or drastic
loss.

I am man enough to admit that there has been a couple of scenes that
afterward, later that evening I actually cried a bit. The worst calls to go
on is where a kid is lost! That really gets to a person!

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

"Clifton T. Sharp Jr." wrote in message
Frank wrote:
Clifton T. Sharp Jr. ...
^ I've been on the scene when a firefighter saved a life
^ by pulling someone from a burning building. I've also
^ been there when firefighters cried because they couldn't
^ pull someone, or discovered a lifeless body.

^ I can tell you that the latter guys weren't crying
^ because of missed glory.

No, of course not. They behaved as most humans would. But I wasn't

talking
about how people behave in their jobs or how well they perform them.

What I
was describing is one of the primary reasons why people seek dangerous

jobs.
For glory.