Old November 22nd 03, 04:07 AM
Stinger

Frank,

As I mentioned to Wes, nobody forces you to buy into a neighborhood with
covenants. I also mentioned that they are not for everybody. In my case,
they are a good idea, and one of the reasons I built my house where I did
was specifically because I knew what to expect from neighbors as they built
nearby.

I don't feel bad that I can't let my yard get waist high, park junk cars on
the lawn, or paint my roof purple. Rather, I feel good knowing my neighbor
won't.

By the way, I happen to be a Republican Kung-Fu black belt (Dragon Claw
1992) that knows a good, honest mechanic that helped me teach my son how to
change the heads on his antique T-Bird in his garage.

So much for your lily-livered weenie who won't fix their own car argument.

I honestly don't understand the hostility in your tone, Frank. What's the
real problem?

-- Stinger

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"Stinger" wrote in message
. ..
Homeowners associations are a good thing! They are basically an

agreement
that you and your neighbors will follow some clearly defined rules for

the
specific purpose of maintining optimum property values for everyone.

Homeowners associations are private governmental authorities which rule
over people who signed away their Constitutional rights! For what --
the promise that othersuch people will pay more later on? Well, maybe
so. This Homeowner Association thing sounds like yet another odious
invention of the New World Order.

In
other words, you won't have to worry about buying an expensive house

and
having your next-door neighbor decide to use his yard to store a dozen
wrecked automobiles while he builds a hot-rod or runs a car-repair

business.
Common sense should tell anyone that their rights end when they start

infringe on anyone else's, but sometimes you need it in writing. ;^)

Common sense says there's considerable value in a neighbor who can fix
your car. Especially if you need a Sunday afternoon repair! I've done
plenty of car work, back when I had a driveway. I got along fine with
the neighbors. I suppose fixing their cars helped. We'd talk about
cars, laugh at the Cubs, etc. It's the American way!

Receiving antennas are easily concealed. If you can find mine from

the
street, you were born on Krypton. I think this is an overly-hyped

problem.

Anyone who is bothered by the sight of a wire belongs on another planet.

Broadcasting antennas are another animal, though. For instance,

nobody
wants to live next to some clown running a bunch of linear amps

through a CB
"base station." It will literally be "seen" on well-shielded cable
television connections, and is a nuisance. I think that's a lot of

what the
"external antenna" rules are meant to curb.

-- Stinger

External antenna rules and the rest are meant to intimidate lily-livered
weenies who won't help fix their cars but are happy to sign away their
Constitutional rights.

And if some radio operator is splattering all over, there's plenty of
Real Governmental Authority to answer to.

Frank Dresser