Old November 22nd 03, 05:06 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Mark Pinkerman" wrote:

While I agree with your assertion regarding
"some frequency" will certainly be available for
HF voice communications. As a long time CW
operator I must respectfully question your
statement that "(CW doesn't get through that
much better)." as I can think of literally thousands
of times when the band in question was to 'weak'
for SSB, but good ole faithful CW was clicking
away on the band. Just some food for thought.

I don't disagree, Mark. I acknowledged that CW gets through better. But I
was saying that if HF was somehow screwed up enough to prevent voice on
"ANY" frequency (very unlikely, but that was the argument made), CW probably
wouldn't get through either. In that regard, CW is better, but it's not
"THAT" much better.

Of course, since the very premise described is highly unlikely, the whole
thing is a fairly silly argument.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/