Old May 16th 04, 05:47 AM
Dennis B.Sheaffer

Default Anyone Using MFJ-1538 QUAD BAND VERT ANTENNA(6/2/220/440)

Hello,Im interested in hearing from users of the NEW MFJ-1538 Pulsar
quad
band antenna that covers ( 6 MTRS,2MTRS,220MHZ & 440MHZ)
I use a Comet GP-15 now for 6/2/440. Over the winter I tried 220mhz
band.I use the mfj 921 tuner with the Comet GP-15 and it does so-so
on 220.I think maybe the MFJ-1538 would be better and I would have
better efficiency on 220mhz.
This is the only quad band base antenna made for 6/2/220/440 bands,so
it makes me a little leery on performance since Comet & Diamond do not
have a model like this,so I would like to hear reports from other users.
A local ham friend just got one and I went over to his place to check it
out,and it looks alot like my Comet.
Can this antenna be tuned for 6 mtrs like my Comet,I didn't see A set
screw for the tuning rod after the 6 mtr coil/radiator.
My ham friend didn't get it mounted yet outside and he said he is
in no rush either,so I can't get any reports on it yet,like how
is the swr or bandwith,And most of all performance.
I don't want to loose 6 mtrs while gaining 220 mhz.I enjoy 6 mtrs too.
Is this a real VHF/UHF antenna break through,and wondering if we will
see a mobile version?
Some may ask why not put up a separate 220 antenna? I have restrictions
1 for hf ,and 1 for vhf/uhf limit only 2 antennas.
Any users using the MFJ-1538 quad bander please respond,I would be
interested in hearing ur likes and dis-likes with this antenna.
73 de Dennis WY3F....