Old November 26th 03, 03:39 AM
Fredric J. Einstein

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:04:46 GMT, Steve Silverwood
wrote:

There's one review in the December 2003 issue of Monitoring Times. And
unfortunately, it omits the one band that I really need in a scanner:
the UHF military aircraft band at 225-400 MHz...!

I mean, what is the PROBLEM here? How hard is it to include that in a
scanner? Especially a hand-held version, which is what one would
naturally want to take along to an AIR SHOW?

The 225-400 MHz band can be opened up on the PRO-96. It has excellent
sensitivity on those frequencies. I have owned the PRO-96 for two
months now and I would put it into the same category as the Radio
Shack PRO-2006 and PRO-43. Excellent scanners that will become
"classics" to scanner buffs.

The Win96 computer control program allows you to open up all of these
frequencies. If you go to the Win96 website, you can see the results
of sensitivity tests at all of these frequencies. The address is:

http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win96/FreqTest.asp