Old December 4th 03, 10:12 AM
Jim Mac Donald

I use either new alkaline or freshly recharged NiMH
AA cells and have tried Groan's application on several
different PC's also launched from the hard drive and off of a diskette.

After the ERROR message and a loss of everything in the R-2
Shutting down the PC and powering it back up reloading the
application and a fresh file from a 3.5 "diskette it will eventually load up
into the R-2
It's similar with the other application, but the BIG difference is NO LOSS
of existing memory contents of the R-2., when it fails to load up a file!

It seems to happen after opening a file into ether application form a
diskette,
then modifying the file, with a R-2 loader application, then trying to
transfer this new file to the R-2.
Jim
Bob Parnass wrote:

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 06:07:20 -0500, Jim Mac Donald wrote:

I've had similar problems with the ICOM IC R-2
When trying to load a file with free ware into the R-2, it gives a
message,
"ERROR" thatr comes up on the R-2's display. Then after turing the
power off and
ofback on "CLEAR" shows up on the display and every thing in memory is
dumped.

I try to use the application that came with the computer cable,
it will set the "CLONE" mode for the file transfer automatically in the
R-2 and if the file transfer crashes
the memory contents in the R-2 are not lost....

Jim,

I don't know which software you are using for the ICOM IC-R2.
My experience is that a cloning operation will fail if
the radio's batteries are weak. This is especially true for the ICOM
and Yaesu portables which are powered by 2 AA cells.

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com