Old May 17th 04, 06:00 PM
David G. Nagel

'Doc wrote:

Jack Twilley wrote:

Out of curiosity, what other antenna provides a better cost-benefit
ratio while maintaining the same constraints with respect to power,
size, and construction?

Jack.

Jack,
Almost anything! The only 'one' who benefits from this
antenna's
'cost-benefit' is the manufacturor...
'Doc

Doc

Having used a B&W antenna for several years all I can say is that it
does the job I ask of it. It provides me with a frequency agile antenna
that allows me to change frequency quickly without having a mess of wire
hanging from the trees in my yard.
Yes it is not the most efficient of sky hooks but it does what I need it
to do.
You obviously don't need these abilities. More power to you but please
do not dismiss the B&W out of hand without considering the requirements
of those that do. When someone asks about the B&W just give the facts
about the antenna and not your personal opinion.

Dave WD9BDZ