Old May 17th 04, 06:00 PM
Mike Coslo

Jack Twilley wrote:

"Doc" == w5lz writes:

[... David mentioned B&W antennas ...]

Doc David, The bottom line is that it's a terrible 'amateur' antenna
Doc for the price. 'Doc

Out of curiosity, what other antenna provides a better cost-benefit
ratio while maintaining the same constraints with respect to power,
size, and construction?

Hmmm, How about an Isotron? 8^) Man, there is a small antenna!

If you take the bands that the B&W performs adequately on, the size
ratio between it an a halfwave dipole isn't quite so good. I suppose the
FD that is most comparable to my antenna is the BWD 90. It's 90 feet, as
we might figure. My dipole is 96 feet.

My dipole cost less than 30 dollars to make. If you count the tuner, I
still spent less money.

- Mike KB3EIA -