Old December 14th 03, 01:15 PM
Jim Douglas

That's wierd, I wonder if they are new different cables, I also bought one
from RS and found later that none of their cables support the scanner. The
one I had purchased did not work at all, nothing, now I am wondering was it
busted.

"Phil Irey" wrote in message
m...
The #20-289 cable from Radio Shack does work. I just bought one on
Thursday and it works fine with my Pro-95. I had to look in 4
different stores before I found the cable.

Check out the following link for more information on cables that can
be used with the Pro-95:
http://www.starrsoft.com/freeware/Wi...es/cables.html

phil

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message

The cable from radioshack does not work, repeat now matter what they

said it
will not work. Search google for the cable. I am also using the WIN95
software with a cable from a company in california and it works great!

"JQ" wrote in message
I just got a pro-95 on sale today, but some things I've seen on the

web
mention problems with getting software to interface with the scanner.

The guy at the store referred me to the site www.pro-92.com, and he

said
there's a link on it to the pro-95 software.

On the radio shack website they show cable #20-289 out of stock, and

my
local store couldn't order it either.

So, is there an easy method to get a cable and software to interface

with
the pro-95 or should I just return the darn thing?

Thanks!