Old December 16th 03, 02:24 AM
Jackie

Default Pro-95 scanner: indoor antenna ideas solicited.

Hi there,

I'm about to get a Radio Shack Pro-95 scanner for Christmas. I live in an
apartment, so an outdoor antenna is out of the question. I do have a
second-floor balcony, but unfortunately, my apartment faces the landlord's,
so ANY antenna out there would be called into question. I am handy with
antennas, and have built several for my various ham transceivers in the
past. My main question, though, is what *indoor* antennas have you Pro-95
users successfully used to get better reception on your scanners? Either
commercially made or homemade would be fine by me (commercially made would
be OK if relatively small, and under $75, that is).

My primary scanning freqs, at least initially, will likely be the air bands,
local PD/sheriff/railroad bands(150-160 MHz), and once I get the hang of
them, the 800 MHz trunked frequencies (there are few of these around here
yet, but more are expected to come into being soon).

Thanks all,

Jackie