Old December 17th 03, 11:40 AM
Dwight Stewart

"mike" wrote:
i have two
a pro-39 & another one.
both have been used with nimh for 2
years now. i'm still getting about
double the time span per charge
compared with nicads.

Which brand of NiMH batteries are you using, Mike? The batteries I tried
were slightly longer than a normal "AA" battery and would not fit into the
battery holder properly. I suspect this is a big part of the reason I could
not get them to charge. By the way, I think these batteries were made by
Panasonic, but can't be certain because they're sold with the "Radio Shack"
name on them at Radio Shack stores here.

My end solution was "Hi-Capacity" NiCad batteries (1000 mAh), which have
worked well for me (reasonable recharge time and longer scanner use between
charges). The "Hi-Capacity" NiCad batteries at Radio Shack are also slightly
longer than a normal "AA" battery, but not so much so as to not work
properly in the battery holder (just a tight squeeze getting them into the
holder).

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/