Old December 19th 03, 09:12 PM
Steve G

I used to work for Radio shack . Had they not let me go I would have left.
Most of the associates there don't know squat about scanners. Im sure there
are people there that do know about the scanners they offer through Radio
shack. If you're getting the scanner for yourself I encourage you to seek
out yahoogroups related to the scanner you own. and groups related to
scanning in your area. or area's of interest. DON'T trust someone else to
program the radio for you. This is part of the fun.When I got my first trunk
tracker..(bearcat 245xlt) I found the freqs for my area. Learned how to
program them in my radio. then learned how to find talkgroups.. .If you
need a base station scanner that will do both trunking and conventional at
the same time. do not get a pro 2052.. I dont know of a base unit that will
follow trunked and conventional systems at the same time. It is experience
that the pro 9 5portable will follow both trunked and conventional at the
same time..I know this for a fact as I was asked to program one as a demo.
and it worked fine. trouble was getting the owner to leave the thing on all
the time to "show it off". Hope this helps. as for the radio shack motto. it
should be " I didn't know that "