Old December 20th 03, 05:08 AM
jmacdon

Steve;
The Uniden BC 780 , BC 785 and BC 796 will do trunk tracking and
conventional at
the same time. The Radio Shack/GRE PRO 2067 and PRO 2053 will also.

The PRO 2052 (Uniden's BC 895 too) may be able to trunk track and do
conventional
together UNDER THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE CONTROL also your
computer must be dedicated to this application. And or have the RAM to
run the scanner control application in the background! While doing other
tasks!
Check out this site

http://www.strongsignals.net/index.cgi

Steve G wrote:

I used to work for Radio shack . Had they not let me go I would have
left. Most of the associates there don't know squat about scanners. Im
sure there are people there that do know about the scanners they offer
through Radio shack. If you're getting the scanner for yourself I
encourage you to seek out yahoogroups related to the scanner you own.
and groups related to scanning in your area. or area's of interest.
DON'T trust someone else to program the radio for you. This is part of
the fun.When I got my first trunk tracker..(bearcat 245xlt) I found
the freqs for my area. Learned how to program them in my radio. then
learned how to find talkgroups.. .If you need a base station scanner
that will do both trunking and conventional at the same time. do not
get a pro 2052.. I dont know of a base unit that will follow trunked
and conventional systems at the same time. It is experience that the
pro 9 5portable will follow both trunked and conventional at the same
time..I know this for a fact as I was asked to program one as a demo.
and it worked fine. trouble was getting the owner to leave the thing
on all the time to "show it off". Hope this helps. as for the radio
shack motto. it should be " I didn't know that "