Old December 23rd 03, 03:03 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Jackie" wrote:
"Dwight Stewart" wrote:

The wire antenna for my shortwave receiver
is even more, um, unusual.

Sounds... interesting. What is it?

A very small, micro-thin, wire ran around the entire ceiling of the
apartment (right where the wall meets the ceiling), fed into a
tuner/pre-amp. To keep visibility low, the wire is glued in place (a tiny
touch of Elmer's school glue about every foot). Even though wire is running
throughout the apartment, it is virtually invisible (only one person has
noticed it, but only because he traced it out from the radio). The ceiling
is textured, so when I leave, any glue that remains will simply look like
the normal rough ceiling surface.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/